On your special day, no one is more important than you, the bride. However, the ladies that stand beside you, the ones who have walked and danced and laughed with you since who knows when, are an essential part of your big day and it’s important they look beautiful and confident too.
Hip Hop is able to create stunning, customised bridesmaids dresses to suit any type of wedding occasion. From casual to glamorous, we can create a wide range of wedding wear in any type of fabric, cut or style.
We’ve also created the extremely versatile Infinity Dress (see image) which is ideal for use as a bridesmaids dress as it can be adapted to create at least 6 different styles.
How to order your outfit
- We will schedule a consultation with the Hip Hop head designer – this can be done with the bride and/or other bridesmaids if you wish
- The consultation takes an hour (or more if there are more than one of you attending) and will take place at the Hip Hop factory in Cape Town
- A consultation fee of R350 is payable prior to the consultation. This fee is applicable for each person that we are designing a dress for.
- After the consultation, we will email you a quote for your outfit
Fitting and make up
- Our designer will be in contact with you during the make up of your outfit and will schedule fittings with you when required
- All fittings will take place at the Hip Hop factory
Frequently asked questions
Why should I have my bridesmaid dress designed?
- Your outfit will be one of a kind, custom designed to your own style and to flatter your body shape perfectly, leaving you confident and relaxed enough to enjoy being a bridesmaid on the day.
What will my outfit cost?
- This depends on the fabric selected, level of complication and the amount of work required. All outfits are designed to suit your requirements and budget
Is there a deposit payment?
- Should you wish to proceed with the outfit, we will require a 50% deposit
Do I need my own fabric?
- We will source the fabrics for you, saving you a lot of time and hassle
Do I get to fit my outfit before it is complete?
- We schedule at least 2 fittings before the final hand over
How long will it take to make my dress?
- This depends on the work involved, but we suggest you order the dress 2 months before the wedding
Do I have to live in Cape Town to be able to order a bridesmaid dress from Hip Hop?
- We strongly recommend that only customers residing in the Western Cape order a customised bridesmaid dress from Hip Hop because while we are able to make a dress in a variety of styles to the measurements you provide, we need at least one fitting session in person to perfect the dress to your exact requirements. Our standards are very high and we want to make sure that we deliver only the finest quality, best fitting dress possible.
- The final dress payment is made after the last fitting and prior to the handover of the dress